My prom is almost here :) And i know some bitch is going to have the same dress i'm wearing, because i got it from the mall. So in order to set me apart from possible copy Katts, and just because i'm like this and was going to do something crazy anyways. I'm basically turning myself purple. I went to Walmart and picked up some new products, that i will soon be sharing with you, and did a test run today. I came out and showed my mom when just half my face was purple and she hated it. Now i need you to keep in mind THIS IS JUST A TEST RUN. I have a much more well thought out plan for prom night. But i wanted to share this for you and present the opportunity for any of you to give your input, or offer suggestions. I basically know what i want to do. But i don't think you can ever have to many beautiful minds working on one project.
And if you kinda have it in your head right now that i'm minimally insane for doing this, it's okay. I know.
I don't really have any instruction for this because i really didn't know what i was doing soo...i'll do my best
I started by covering my face with a super light foundation that didn't really do anything
:D
Then i took a medium purple eye shadow and used it over half my face and down my neck
I follwed the medium purple with a darker matte purple, and blending it in with my foundation sponge.
Then i took a light super shimmer purple and used it to lighten up some spots
After i had on all my shadows i started to apply silver rhinestones with lash glue
Then i started to do my makeup with the same colors on my purple side eye
The only extra product i used here where
Wet n’ Wild Silver eye liner pencil
Then i contiuned on to my other eye and muffed it all up
:D
Filled in my brows purple
Did some more blending
Added Embrace to my lips
And just a tid-bit of mascara
When i do it for prom it's going to come down a little past my collar bone
Product List:
Look 74 (4-24-11) Prom Practice
- · Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 110 (Liquid and powder)
- Dreame Matte Mouse Foundation
- · Cover Girl Eye Enhancer in Purple Pop
- · Revlon Perle in Lilac Shimmer
- · Sugarpill’s Poison Plum
- · L’Oreal’s HiP Studio Secrets Metallic Shadow in Platinum
- · Wet n’ Wild Silver eye liner pencil
- · Maybelline “The Falsies” Volume Express mascara
Sitting in my prom shoe box

















When I first saw the tital I thought it was just going to be a simple purple smokey eye, but then I clicked on it and thought 'damn this girls crazy!' haha not in a bad way might I add. But when I saw the last picture of your dress I thought it really looked good, especially with the righnstones. I never thought of doing crazy makeup for prom, but you pull it off really well, and you look gorgous in your dress! I hope you have fun at your prom, I missed mine this year.
ReplyDeleteGOOD FOR YOU FOR BEING UNIQUE!!! I think you should totally rock this at your prom. At mine, I designed my own dress and got it made super cheap.....it was punk rock themed with mesh sleeves and a plaid bodice and I wore a spiked collar and my (now) fiance had a mohawk. Seriously, keep doing your own thing! You will never regret being true to yourself!
ReplyDeleteLooked a little out of place till the last pic, but WOW! Great idea. Looks awesome!
ReplyDeletethank you all ^.^
ReplyDeleteI still have some modifications to make. But yea :D
Awesome...I admire the fact that you don't care what anyone thinks! I love that you are who you are and bring it!! haha. Your dress is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome and cute :D The only thing I would say 'against' it is that if you're dancing all night, etc, it might run, smudge, or you might lose some rhinestones, so get some fixing spray and take spares :D
ReplyDeleteYea i'm prepared! I fix all my makeup when i go out for big event and i always bring a few things for tough ups
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I didn't really like it UNTIL I saw it with your dress. And it totally converted me. It looks pretty and ethereal. You look beautiful and I admire you for stepping outside "the norm".
ReplyDelete