Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rimmel Special Eyes Percision Eye Liner Pencil in Ivy (Review)

Pin It
Part two of the Target Haul #2! Woooo getting stuff done. So check out the haul itself and the first part, the review of the amazing yellow polish Lite. I'd also like to say hello to the new followers! Welcome :D and any of you just passing by...well, the follow me button should be just to your right...hint hint.
I recently used this liner to help create the Mergirl look


Company Description:Special Eyes Eye Liner Pencil produces a precise and well defined line for accentuating the eyes with an intense, fade resistant colour finish.

What I Think: I like it for what it is. It's just a decent drug store liner that i randomly picked up because i wanted a green liner. It did break on me once while i was using it, so that's a little annoying, but it went on perfectly smooth after i warmed it up a bit. It comes in some other very pretty colors that i'd like to get. It's not OMFG I NEED THIS, but it's cool.




I got this pencil in Ivy, It's a darker green but kinda has a metallic blue hidden in it
It claims to be a Percision liner, but it's really just a regular pencil liner. Nothing really to precise about it. I mean i can get some good lines and wings, but nothing so microscopic and sharp. Unless you sharpen it like ever nano second.
This may or may not be an odd observation but i like the texture of this liner. It's rather dry. not dry as in it's been sitting out uncapped for ages, but it's dry as in not all oily and it's not going to give you raccoon eyes by the end of the day. It does stay in place very well. Take into consideration that i set almost all of my makeup with hair spray, so that helps a lot.
Here's a swatch with out flash.


Price: $2.79 at Target

Worth it?:Probably, so far i like this liner. It's not spectacular but it gets the job done at a good price. Not all of us have $30 in our eye liner budget. :# So yes, for the money, for the color, for the prodcut, over all i'd say it's worth it

2 comments:

  1. i like Rimmel's exaggerate liners. Until recently (i bit the bullet and bought the stila smudgestick), it was my all time favorite liner line. i actually think i like it a little more than the smudge stick. i don't have watery eyes, or oily lids/skin at all, and this stuff smudges. alot. i really dig this color though. i do have to go to target today. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one of the Exaggerate liners and i quite like it, only mostly it's such a unique purple. I've been wary of the smudge stick ones, and it sounds like i have reason to. Well look on the bright side, at least it actually smudges and didn't lie to you :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...